Monday, February 13, 2012

Daily Heart Print - Day 10, 11, & 12

Days 10 & 11 - Do Something Helpful for a Family Member
The children are amazing! During our morning meeting, I asked the children, "What "Heart Print" did you leave on someone this weekend?" Hands shot up immediately. 
I called on J.S. first. "I shoveled the snow for my dad! He was really happy."
C.S said, "I cleaned the playroom without being asked." The children went on and on saying all the things they did this weekend for others. Many did more than one.
During Writer's Workshop today, I was truly touched and reassured of the power of kindness. The children were writing a Bio Poem. During this writing actvity, the children are asked to write things they love, feel, and say. As I walked around the classroom I repeatedly read the following statements:
Lover of smiles
Lover of kindess
Who felt all the heart prints we are sending
Who felt happy doing things for others


Second graders are naturally giving, but this group of students are truly beginning to understand the positive effects they can have on others. Today was one of those days in my teaching career, that I am reminded of why I became a teacher. I am truly blessed!



Day 12 - Write a Valentine to a Neighbor or Grandparent
Today the children were challenged to write a valentine to someone who is least expecting a note from him/her on tomorrow's big day. The children worked furiously throughout the day creating a valentine for their special person. The children were very excited to hand deliver or send their valentine in the mail. 
Come back tomorrow for our Daily Heart Print, it will be an exciting day in second grade!


                                                Miss Anderson's Second Grade Class
Valentines

 



No comments:

Post a Comment