Thursday, February 23, 2012

Daily Heart Print - Day 22 - Give someone a hug!

Today's "Heart Print" is one of my favorites! I am lucky enough each day to be showered with hugs from my students. Its amazing how a simple hug can lift the soul and make a person smile. 

Today the children were challenged to hug someone. Our discussion started off with first, lets not take the person off guard, but instead go up to the person and ask if you could hug them. It was quite humorous when W.G. and T.S. both said, "Miss Anderson, wouldn't it be a little strange to do it to someone you don't know?" I immediately started to laugh...I quickly reminded the children we want to hug people we know, people who would appreciate our hugs. Not make anyone uncomfortable.
They also were told hugging each other did not count, they were all a little bummed about that. Their guidelines were to hug a friend not in our class, an old teacher, or family member. As the day passed on, I witnessed lots of smiles, hugs, and a few screams about how happy they were to receive a hug. I know Mrs. Hyde appreciated the hugs she received!
 At the end of the day we counted a total of 35 people we hugged. I guess you could say we were a happy bunch at the end of the day. Here are a few pictures to show our smiles!




Miss Anderson's 2nd Grade Class

2 comments:

  1. Second Graders
    I have to tell all of you that I am very impressed with all the wonderful things you have been doing during your Heart Prints project. I have enjoyed reading your daily posts. Keep up the good work with your very special project. I am sure that your 35 hug recipient's hearts felt pretty good after the hug they received today. Sometimes a hug is all someone needs to make their day special.

    Mrs. Forte

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE today's Heart Print. I agree that hugs are wonderful ways to spread joy and love and make someone feel special.

    I'm sending ALL of you in the 2nd grade a HUGE virtual HUG.

    Hugs. Mrs. Carr (Cate Carr's Mom)
    P.S. This was a great reminder to hug my children each and every morning before we start our day.

    ReplyDelete