Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Daily Heart Print - Day 20 -Pick up after others!

I hope everyone had a relaxing three day weekend! The children were busy away calling friends and family members to say hi to meet their weekend "Heart Print." The children were very excited to share the excitement the person who they called provided to them. Way to go,  2nd graders!

Today's "Heart Print" started out originally being to pick up litter around the school and in the community, but quickly turned into picking up gloves, mittens, food, lunchboxes, etc... They took it to the next level once again!  During our community meeting I asked the children what they did to meet today's "Heart Print?" Hands shot up and we began discussing our good deeds.

Here are a few of their responses:
I picked up a glove on the ground and it turned out to be C.S.'s glove! (one of our very own students) She was extremely thankful! - T.W.

I stayed after lunch and picked up the extra trash on our table. - C.C.

I picked up a peanut butter cookie wrapper under Mrs. Suzuki's class's table! - W.G.

I picked up pencils and trash all day long! - S.A. 

I picked up my neighbor's pencil on the ground. - J.S.

The children rose to the occasion once again and I have a feeling they will take this "Heart Print" home and provide a helping hand around their house. 

With a week and half left of our project, I have to say I am thrilled with the change I am seeing. Not only with my class but with all of the second graders! We talk consistently about how we will still always have problems and disagreements with others, but if we strive to do our best and spread "Heart Prints" everywhere in school, home, and our communities, positive actions and words can't stop from spreading!




2 comments:

  1. Nice work 2nd Grade! I was SO thankful when someone turned in my lost earring. They left a little heartprint that I really appreciate!

    -Ms. Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that I have enjoyed reading your blog during your Heart Prints month. Your class has done a wonderful job. After reading their comments about the project I can tell that they enjoyed spreading their daily heart prints too. Good job Second Grade! What is your next project going to be Miss Anderson?

    Mrs. Forte

    ReplyDelete