Thursday, February 16, 2012

Daily Heart Print - Day 15- Donate books to a clasroom in need!

 Just a few of the books we are donating
 Silly :)
One of the many boxes

91 books so far!!!! That is NOT including Mrs. Mayer's and Mrs. Ruzic's Class. As a second grade team we are donating books to a school in need located in the city of Chicago. I was connected with this teacher through a friend. After emailing with Mrs. Lamb back and forth, I could tell she was estatic to be a part of the project! She couldn't keep from expressing her gratitude and all I kept thinking was how lucky we are to help. The children are truly learning how giving can brighten someone's day but also theirs.
The children brought in a range books for the children in Mrs. Lamb's second grade class to enjoy. 
The children loved counting the number of books today and felt wonderful giving away books they don't need anymore. After we counted all of the children's books, we went through my library and pulled books that I had double or triple copies. I was thrilled when the children found 26 books we could donate from my own classroom library.
I will be meeting with Mrs. Lamb tomorrow to pass along our love for reading and the books that helped us become avid readers! Stay tuned for more pictures!

I am proud to say, I.K., his sister, N.K., and Mr. Kent delivered the cards to children in the hospital and as I.K. stated today, "they were speechless!" 
We all hope our valentines brought smiles to the children and made yesterday a special day for them :) 

                Daily Heart Prints - Doing kind things that stay with someone forever
                                                            Miss Anderson's Second Grade Class

No comments:

Post a Comment