Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Daily Heart Print - Day 7

 Day 7 Heart Print and a Thank you card from Mrs. Stasys' Class

 Our Heart Prints so far!
 Heart Pond
Day 7 - Ask someone new to play with you! 

Today the children were challenged to find someone new to play with at recess, before, or after school. The children rose to the occasion once again and most every student found someone new to play with at recess. What was so touching and special at our meeting today was the discussion about the feeling the  "Heart Print" leaves on the person. The kids were talking about how sometimes at recess there is nothing to do or anyone to play with. If we see someone who is looking for something to do, we should go right up and ask him/her to play. I asked the children, how the child would feel if we asked him/her to play? The children said, "like a million bucks!" As T stated, "we don't want to make him/her feel like 1 buck, lets make him/her feel like a million bucks!"
Let's keep spreading the joy and making everyone feel like a million bucks! 

My dad received the cards! He felt like a million bucks :) - Thank you second graders for sending "Heart Prints" everywhere!

                                                            Miss Anderson's 2nd grade class






5 comments:

  1. To the fantastic 2nd graders of Ms. Anderson's class:
    Wow! What a surprise when I opened the white envelope that you sent to me. It really made my day. Thank you so much for the daily heart prints. It made me smile and my heart feel warm. I can now see better, not perfect but enough to read most of your hearts. I am following your blog and hope that you keep on giving away the heart prints to make someone else's day special as you made mine. Many, many thanks!!!!!!!!!

    Mr. Anderson (Ms. Anderson's dad)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Second Graders: I love following your blog. It warms my heart to see how thoughtful and sweet you all are! Sometimes when parents are standing on the playground, we also need someone to talk to. I'm going to follow your lead and talk to someone new next time I'm standing alone. You are setting a good example for all of us. Keep up the good work! -Mrs. Leonard (Ryan Leonard's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Second Graders:
    I LOVE the Heart Prints project and I love the fact that we can now follow your project via this amazing BLOG.

    It is heartwarming to read all of the different acts of kindness that each of you is doing on a daily basis. Kindness is something that will take you far in life. That is for certain.

    I'll leave all of you with a quote:
    "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
    - Aesop
    The Lion and the Mouse
    Greek slave & fable author (620 BC - 560 BC)

    Have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!

    - Mrs. Carr (Cate Carr's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Miss Anderson's 2011-2012 2nd grade class - what a great group of kids! I know that I am going to learn a lot from the hard work that you are doing through your acts of kindness. I look forward to learning more. You are an inspiration to us all!

    Happy day to you!

    Anne Klassman (Sam's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It warms my heart to read all about how wonderful Ms. Anderson's 2nd grade class is. I am very proud of all of you and think that this class is WONDEFRFUL. Keep giving and loving and you will continue to feel AMAZING!

    Have a fantastic rest of your Wednesday! And have a great day off tomorrow as well - yahoo!!!!

    Beth Wangelin (Thomas's mom)

    ReplyDelete