Thursday, February 2, 2012

Daily Heart Print - Holding the door open


 

Happy Groundhog's Day! He saw his shadow and the children are overjoyed!

Near the end of the day, we sit on the rug and discuss our Heart Print for the day. Smiles and happiness are bursting from the children at this point. Once each child has signed the heart stating they performed the "Heart Print" and before they leave, the children are informed of the next day's Heart Print. As the bell rings, I remind the children holding the door open for someone is tomorrow's "Heart Print." Ten minutes later I hear, "Miss Anderson!!!" I turn around and see two of my students standing in the door.  "We just held the door open for 5 people and they said thank you!" "I feel great!"
As they walk away, I think to myself, wow, it's working! 

By today's end, we counted 205 people we have held the door open for! Unbelievable and as my student, I said, "My heart was bursting when my sister said I was the best!" 

Here are a few people we held the door open for: 
Mom, Dad, Lincoln school friends, religious ed friends, and all first and second grade students at recess! It's true, when you give children a goal to strive for they will soar :) Stay tuned for Friday's "Heart Print!"
                                                      Miss Anderson's 2nd grade class








1 comment:

  1. Dear Miss Anderson's Class,
    I am so impressed with your project! I can already see and feel the positive difference you are making in our school. I love that you are leaving "Heart Prints" all over our school and making it an even more amazing place to be. Way to go! I am so proud of each and every one of you! I will be following your blog so that I can read about all of the great things you are all doing. I can't wait to read what you are doing next. You are setting a great example for all of us.

    Love,
    Mrs. Stasys

    ReplyDelete