Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 3 - read a story to a younger friend!

It's contagious! Our "Heart Prints" are spreading and we hope you too will join us!
We just finished our third day and the children are making the extra step to spread joy. We want to thank all the Lincoln teachers and their classes for their support and joining us for the project. We love your comments!

Each second grade class at Lincoln School is a part of this project and I will share their goals and accomplishments throughout the month. A big thank you goes out to Mrs. Ruzic, Mrs. Moriarty, Mrs. Mayer, and Mrs. Hyde for sharing the joy! 
Another big thank you goes out to Mrs. Moriarty's class who created the Heart Pond for Lincoln. The children challenged Lincoln Community to spread "Heart Prints." everywhere Children from all over Lincoln are allowed to sign the pond if they went the extra step and did a good deed. As the month progresses I will make sure to post pictures!


Today we had the opportunity to read to two first grade classes. This morning we reached out to Mrs. Donnelly's class and then to Mrs. Stasys's class this afternoon. During our community meeting, the children were amazed at how many things they had in common with their first grade partner. N said, "my friend asked me for a play date next week!" 


Each Friday, the students and I sit down and share our excitements and worries for the week. We call this "Wows and Worries." Today during our session, W said, " I thought spreading "Heart Prints" was going to be hard, but it's actually really easy!" 
C, a very entergetic and kind student said, "My first grade partners gave me a hug without even asking. I loved it!" 


As the children left the classroom today, I couldn't help but notice the positive atmosphere. It truly is amazing how the simplest and kindest acts can change the world. 

Enjoy the weekend and make sure to visit us again on Monday to hear about our weekend "Heart prints!"

 I reading
 S reading
 J reading Magic Tree House
 S reading Magic Tree House
 A reading poems
                 T reading a valentine book            



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all had a lot of fun! I hope you spread some more Heartprints this weekend, too. Keep up the great work. -- Miss A

    ReplyDelete